This article will define all the different Channels and explain when to use them.
What is an Channel?
A Channel is an application which displays Assets and other Media according to your specifications. Channels are shared across all Product Licenses and a Channel displays 1 or more Asset(s).
Types of Channels
|Image||Displays a single, static Image Asset||Image Channels are typically used to display fixed logos or banners|
Displays a Playlist of both Image and Video Assets, along with other media
Multimedia Channels are the most frequently used Channels. Users use them to create a customized playlist of their media to be displayed.
Click here for an article on Multimedia Channels
|Scrolling Text||Displays Scrolling Text across your screen||Allows for large amounts of text to continuously scroll and display on your Layout|
|Time Condition||Create a schedule and display different Layouts based on the current date and time|
Examples of common uses
- Display 7 different Layouts on every day of the week (Monday to Sunday)
- Display a breakfast menu until 10:30 am then a regular menu afterwards
- Display happy hour specials only from 3 to 5 pm daily
- Display a lunch menu until 4 pm then a dinner menu afterwards
Create a new Channel
- Select Manage Channel located in the left menu
- Click on Create New Channel
- Enter a Channel Name, Description and select your intended Channel Type in the drop-down menu
- Select Continue to finish creating a new Channel